Keeping Up has Never Been Easier!
Keeping up with the industry is not easy. Changing standards, ways of working, technologies … Don’t worry – we have your back! We know it is sometimes hard to find the exact information you need to keep you moving forward here are some resources that will help you keep up and move ahead.
Efficiency is critical during cable installation. Increasingly vast networks of wires and cables supply vital electric power and communication services, increasing demands on a contractor’s time. As line installers and repairers fervently install new lines and repair existing ones, the desire to do so more quickly and economically has increased. We can help you get to that expert level.
- Learn about the cable installation process and cable installation tools that you can use to improve efficiency and quality of a cable installation job.
- Cable testing (Cat 5, Cat 6, and Cat 7 Testing) helps ensure that the installed cabling links provide the desired transmission capability to support data communication. Learn about common tests and cable testers for datacom cabling as well as standards and best practices.
- Category 8 cabling and all the related standards have been approved. Review the most common questions related to the latest twisted-pair copper system designed to support future IEEE 25GBASE-T and 40GBASE-T applications.
These Copper Cable Installation resources might also be useful in your journey to become a copper testing expert.
Copper Certification Testing Best Practices Pocket Guide
Twisted Pair Certification Testing Methods Poster
Twisted Pair Cabling Measurement Poster
White Paper: Six Reasons Cable Certification is More Important Than Ever
Is Fiber Testing what you spend your day doing? Fiber optics cabling is the core of today's datacom networks. Optical fiber is the predominant media type for mission-critical datacenter links, backbone within buildings, and longer distances for campus networks. As network speeds and bandwidth demands increase, distance and loss limitations have decreased, making fiber optic cabling certification testing more important than ever. We want to help you ensure your fiber installation goes expertly.
- Is becoming more proficient and staying up to speed on standards important to your future? We can help you get that detailed look at fiber testing and types of fiber testers to ensure network performance.
- Learn about standards and best practices guiding use, application, and certification of Multi-fiber push on connectors. This page is your comprehensive guide to testing and troubleshooting performance and polarity in MPO cabling.
- Learn about OTDR technology as well as OTDR testing and types of OTDR testers used to maintain fiber infrastructure
We have more to help get you where you want to be with Fiber testing. Check out these top resources:
OM and OS Poster
Pocket Guide: Fiber Testing Best Practices
White Paper: Fiber Contamination, Cleaning, and Inspection
Need BICSI CEC points? We have several options to help you stay on top of your cabling skills.
- Face-to-Face Training? No problem! Our popular Versiv Workshops are back! Check for a location and date near you: /content/versiv-hands-workshop - 3 BICSI CEC apply
- Looking for something more in-depth? Earn fourteen BICSI CEC's at our two-day Certified Cabling Test Technician Training Program. One day for Copper, the other for Fiber - both packed with knowledge, practical applications and industry relevant issues. Classes are open for registrations visit www.cctttraining.com for dates and locations.