The CableIQ™ Qualification Tester is the first of its kind designed for residential applications. It quickly qualifies residential cabling systems to support voice, CATV, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, and VoIP. It replaces multiple tools for testing and troubleshooting all voice, data, and coax wiring. Built-in TDR graphically shows distance to faults (e.g., pin 1 break at 37 feet) and can be used to map and ID tag a bridged telco system. Its professional documentation capabilities help to eliminate callbacks and workmanship disputes. Lightweight, rugged, reliable unit requires no training to get started.
The CableIQ™ Qualification Tester from Fluke Networks:
- Qualifies residential cabling systems to support CATV, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, voice and VoIP.
- Tests and troubleshoots all coax, data, and voice wiring.
- Graphically maps wiring configuration and shows distance to faults with built-in TDR.
- Locates and traces cables with IntelliTone™ digital signaling technology.
- Reduces installation costs by eliminating callbacks and disputes.
- Includes software for managing and printing professional test reports.
- Documents that cabling systems were installed properly and will perform reliably.
Coax cable testing
Now there’s a multifunctional tester for all home cabling media. With the prominence of coax in the home, you need a tool that can quickly and easily test quality of coax cabling, and verify whether video outlets are live or not. The CableIQ™ Qualification Tester gives you several ways to test coax cabling:
The CableIQ™ Tester’s “intelligent wiremap” feature tests for length, shorts, split pairs, or opens and displays with an intuitive graphical interface where a fault is located. Unlike other testers that just show a series of numbers for a wiremap, the unit displays an easy-to-read graph with distance to faults proportional to the cable length. It also identifies breaks and shorts by pin, rather than by pair. This dramatically reduces the time to locate and troubleshoot a poorly terminated jack, or a break in the middle of a cable.
Telephone wire test
through feature for residential cable testing. Smart cable identifiers give the unique ability to wiremap star wiring configurations often found in residential voice systems. Wiremap faults and ID number (up to seven) of any jack can be seen from the main unit, all at once.