The first step in registering the DSX CableAnalyzer (Versiv) is obtaining the latest version of LinkWare PC Cable Test Management Software. You can click here to get it. We recommend you load the standalone installer version. Downloading LinkWare PC will require a free MyAccount login. If you do not have one, you will be prompted to create one when you click on the download.
1. Once LinkWare PC is installed, you will need to verify the firmware version on your Versiv (TFS) main and remote unit.
2. From the HOME screen, tap TOOLS > Version Information. It should show Version 6.7 Build 1.
3. If it is not the current firmware, click here to learn how to update your Versiv (TFS).
4. If you have never connected the main and remote units together, go ahead and do that now ensuring the remote unit is switched on,
Now the main unit will know about (store) your remote unit and module(s) serial numbers.
If you have CertiFiber Pro/OptiFiber Pro modules, insert them one at a time into the main unit so that these modules are also recorded.
5. Connect the Versiv (TFS) to your PC via the supplied micro USB cable. (If this is the first time, allow the USB driver to install)
6. With LinkWare PC open, wait a few seconds for the Product Registration window to appear:
If it does not appear, click on Help > Product registration.
7. Click Sign in and Register and use your email address and password login. (The same information you used to download LinkWare, your MyAccount user name and password)
8. Once signed in, LinkWare should automatically register the connected products. If you bought the Bundled Gold Support, there should be a fourth colum stating your gold support is in process. At this point you can remove the Permanent Link Adapter and Channel adapter.
If you have other modules that have been used with this main frame already, those serial numbers have already been logged into the internal memory of the main frame and will appear in the registration window above. The Versiv (TFS) main frame tracks internally any modules or remotes it is connected to.
What if I get an error “Registration Service is Unavailable” and registration does not work?
Your corporate firewalls may be blocking the communication path from your PC to our registration server.
Check with your IT group and ask them to make exceptions for the ports and servers below. After that is done, try the registration again.