The DSX-5000 CableAnalyzer™ with DSX-COAX adapters supports testing of 50 ohm, 75 Ohm, and 93 ohm coaxial cable.
The DSX-COAX kit contains these items:
- Two DSX-CHA003 adapters
- Two female to female F-connector adapters
- Two F-connector female to BNC female adapters
One 12 inch (30 cm) 75 W coaxial patch cord with male F-connectors
The DSX-COAX adapters must be referenced using the 12 inch coax reference cable shipped with the adapters prior to performing an Autotest.
The Autotest on Coax includes these tests:
- Resistance (remote or terminator required)
- Impedance (limit depends on cable type; see limits document below)
- Insertion Loss (remote required)
- Propagation delay
- HDTDR analyzer (HDTDR limit of 15% identifies anomalies in the physical cable plant, if present).
Refer to the DSX Limits document for choosing the appropriate Coax test limit for your job.