You will need to update your Versiv/TFS unit(s) to the latest software version.
Inserting the optional USB Camera allows for the inspection of fiber end face connectors. Once the FI-1000 USB Camera is inserted, tap TOOLS > FiberInspector. However, in order to automatically evaluate a connector end face against IEC 61300-3-35 ED 2, you must first set the test limit.
To do this:
- Press the HOME key.
- Tap in the region of the test limit.
- Tap NEW TEST > Test Type.
- Tap FiberInspector to reveal the default limit.
- Tap SAVE.
- Tap your new test setup at the top of the list followed by USE SELECTED.
Running the test
Tap TEST from the HOME screen followed by ANALYZE. The CertiFiber Pro will freeze the image and analyze it against your chosen test limit in a little under two seconds. Defects within the allowable limits of the chosen standard are highlighted in green. Those outside the allowable limits are highlighted in red.
If you save the image using the same Cable ID as your OLTS (Tier 1) and/or OTDR (Tier 2) test within the same project, the image will be automatically merged with that result. If it is not within the same project, don’t worry; you can merge them later on in LinkWare PC Software.
If the test fails, clean the connector. Re-insert the connector into the camera and press the button and ANALYZE again. If you only have the Click Pen cleaner, consider augmenting this with the Solvent Pen cleaner as it will remove encrusted debris that Click Pens typically cannot remove.
There are four limits to choose from:
- IEC 61300-3-35 ED.2 MM For all multimode connectors
- IEC 61300-3-35 ED.2 SM RL>=45dB For factory polished singlemode connectors
- IEC 61300-3-35 ED.2 SM RL>=26dB For field polished singlemode connectors
- IEC 61300-3-35 ED.2 SM APC For all angled physical contact connectors