CableIQ™ Qualification Tester - The network tech’s vision into cabling bandwidth.
CableIQ, the first cabling bandwidth tester for network technicians
As an IT professional, you have a tough balancing act. You’re an on-the-spot problem solver. And you’ve got your eye on future enhancements, seamlessly upgrading the network to higher speeds, while optimizing the current infrastructure. All this without adding staff and whileworking with smaller budgets.
That’s why Fluke Networks designed CableIQ – an easy-to-use cable troubleshooting and bandwidth qualification tester specifically for network technicians. It has all the power you need to see whether your cable is qualified to support 10/100, VoIP or Gigabit Ethernet and quickly solve network connectivity problems in one intuitive, handheld tool.
On This Page
- CableIQ: See network infrastructure problems quickly
- CableIQ gives network techs new vision into cabling bandwidth
- Reduce escalated problems by as much as 30%
- Troubleshoot cabling faults in half the time
- Ensure a smooth transition to VoIP or Gigabit Ethernet
- See what customers are saying about CableIQ:
- Ordering Infomation
CableIQ: See network infrastructure problems quickly
- Isolate cabling problems from network problems. Save time and money by escalating fewer trouble tickets.
- See existing cabling bandwidth. Four-second test quickly determines if your existing cabling can supportvoice/10/100, VoIP or Gigabit Ethernet.
- Troubleshoot cabling performance faults. Determine why the existing cabling plant cannot support the desired network speed(e.g. connection fault at 7 feet).
- Free up 10% or more of your switch ports. Discover what is at the far end of any cable, whether it is an open cable, a PC, an analog phone, or switch.
- Detect speed/duplex mismatches in a matter of seconds. Determine a PC’s duplex settings and compare settings to the connected switch all from one location.
- Isolate faults easier with intelligent wiremap. Test for wiremap, length, shorts, split pairs or opens, and graphically see the distance to specific pin faults, such as “pin 1 break at 37 feet.”
- Locate cables and wires with superior accuracy. Breakthrough IntelliTone™ digital signaling technology precisely locates cables in even the most chaotic wiring closet.
- Empower frontline techs with an easy-to-use tool. Intuitive user interface and graphical display guides users with little or no training required.
- Avoid disputes over cause of network problems. Save results or upload them to a PC with Cable IQ Reporter Software (included).
CableIQ gives network techs new vision into cabling bandwidth
CableIQ is the first cabling tool designed for network technicians who need to troubleshoot and qualify cabling bandwidth. It gives even the most novice tech vision to see what speeds existing cabling can support, quickly isolate cabling from network problems, and discover what is at the far end of any cable. That means network techs can close trouble tickets faster, reduce on-call time, and save money by better utilizing their existing infrastructure.
Reduce escalated problems by as much as 30%
CableIQ’s powerful troubleshooting capability and intuitive interface enable frontline technicians to identify and troubleshoot a wider range of infrastructure problems. Is the port active? Are the duplex settings matched? Is it a network problem or a cable problem? Can the cable support the required network bandwidth? CableIQ is the only tool that can answer all these questions before trouble tickets are escalated to the next level.
Troubleshoot cabling faults in half the time
CableIQ shows you whether your cabling is qualified to support the network’s required bandwidth, and provides detailed information on the nature and location of cabling performance faults. Intelligent wiremap graphically displays the cable‘s wiring configuration, and shows the distance to opens and shorts. Advanced diagnostics also identifes and locates non-wiremap related connection faults, such as cross-talk or large impedance changes. Built-in IntelliTone digital technology allows you to tone and trace without disconnecting from the network. With CableIQ, your techs can close trouble tickets faster by cutting cable troubleshooting time in half.
Ensure a smooth transition to VoIP or Gigabit Ethernet
When you deploy Voice over IP (VoIP) or Gigabit Ethernet, you want to make sure the existing cabling will support the band width requirements of your new equipment. Your cabling was certified, but moves adds and changes have rendered many links incapable of running desired speeds. CableIQ quickly reveals whether a link, including patch cords, is qualified for voice, 10/100BASE-T, VoIP, or Gig. Knowing your cabling‘s bandwidth capabilities before upgrading can prevent countless hours of future downtime and labor hours wasted on unnecessary troubleshooting.
See what customers are saying about CableIQ:
“CableIQ’s best feature is its ability to see cabling bandwidth. I had a PC that was locking up intermittenly. I plugged CableIQ into the link and found a Cat 3 patch cord. After swapping out the cord, the problem wentaway.” – Network Specialist
“The ability to troubleshoot an active port is a timesaver – reducing the total time needed for problem resolution.” – Electronic Communications Staff Associate
“If we put one of these in the hands of every frontline tech, we could save ourselves 30% in on-call time.” – Network Administrator
||CableIQ Qualification Tester includes CableIQ with remote adapter and soft carrying case|
||CableIQ Advanced IT Kit includes CableIQ with remote adapter, IntelliTone 200 Probe, six remote IDs, rugged carrying case|
||CableIQ Remote Identifier Kit includes three remote identifiers numbers 5-7|
||Copper and Fiber Technician’s Kit includes the CableIQ (CIQ-KIT) and SimpliFiber Pro (FTK1000) Fiber Test Kit.|
||Residential Qualifier Kit includes CableIQ main unit (CIQ-100), RJ45 patch cord (2), RJ11 patch cord (2), USB cable, bare wire adapter, speaker wire adapter, coax cable, coax BNC adapter, coax RCA adapter, 'Qualified' labels (50), getting started guide, AA batteries (4) and a soft carrying case.|
|Cable types supported||UTP, STP, FTP, SSTP, RG6, RG59, audio, security|
|Qualification autotests||1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T, VoIP, 1394b S100, TELCO, Wiremap only, Coax|
|Supported tests||Wiremap, length, cable signal performance, digital toner, analog toner, Ethernet port detection and identification, analog telephone detection, blink port light, continuity, speaker test, cable fault finding, video signal detection|
|Find fault||Measures crosstalk and impedance and compares against appropriate limits based on qualification test selected. Detects location of large point sources as well as distributed sources in the cabling if they are sufficient to disqualify the application|
|Results storage||Up to 250 qualification test results|
|Power||Battery type: 4 AA (NEDA 15A, IEC LR6) alkaline batteries|
|Battery life||20 hours of typical use, without backlight|
|Other battery types supported||4AA photo lithium, NIMH, NICAD|
|Dimensions and weight||7 in x 3.5 in x 1.75 in (17.8 cm x 8.9 cm x 4.5 cm) 1.2 lb (0.55 kg)|
|M12/ RJ45 Cable Specifications|
|Cable type||Ethernet cable, Cat5e, shielded, 2 Pair AWG 26 stranded (7 wire), RAL 5021 (water blue), M12 4 pos. D- coded on RJ45 connector|
|Number of positions||4|
|Fixed cable length||2 m|
|Volume resistance||≤ 5 m Ω|
|Insulation resistance||≥ 100 M Ω|
|Ambient temperature||-20°C to 50°C|
|Inflammability class acc to UL 94||V0|
|Surge voltage category||II|
|Degree of protection||IP20/IP67|
|External cable diameter||6.7 mm|
|Transmission characteristics||Cat 5 (IEC 11801:2002), Cat 5e (TIA 568B:2001)|