The FiberInspector FT600, FT500 & FT525 Kit allows the connection and inspection of a single fiber end-face and core.
The screen should display the end-face as well as the core, which is dark around the edges and lighter in the center (some may say it looks like a fish eye).
The knowledge base article Tips and Probes shows how to connect the fiber into the probe tip. It also provides part numbers for optional available probe tips.The FiberInspector FT650 kit, which consists of the FT630 camera probe, FT630 Display screen, and four probe tips (Universal 2.5 mm, SC, ST, FC), allows the connection and inspection of a single fiber end-face and core.
- Inability to see the end-face on the display screen is usually due to improper connections of the probe tips to the camera probe, poor fiber cleanliness, a fiber insertion problem connecting into the probe tip in use, or a focus problem.
- As a starting point, check the probe tip connections to ensure that the first coupling is properly connected. Also, check the probe tip connection, which is threaded in the opposite direction to connect the probe tip. Both of these connections should be fastened securely.
- Next, make sure that you are using the correct probe tip for the fiber connector type of the cable.
- Clean the end-face of the fiber specifically designed solvent in the FNET Solvent Pen and a lint-free cleaning patch. Fiber optic solvent is required to dissolve certain contaminants and to act as a lubricant so that debris does not scratch the end-face as it is removed. Do not use isopropyl alcohol (IPA) as this chemical can leave a residue as it dries.
- Lastly, fully insert the end-face of the fiber into the camera probe tip and turn the stainless steel knurled knob on the probe tip to adjust the focus.
The knowledge base article Tips and Probes shows how to connect the fiber into the probe tip. It also provides part numbers for optional available probe tips.