FI-3000 ships with probe tips for 12/24 UPC and 12/24 APC endfaces. Additional tips for 16/32 MPO endfaces are available and sold separately.
To view the MPO fiber endface properly and inspect it, you must choose the correct
- Blue Band for UPC
- Green Band for APC
- Connector (if needed) with proper key alignment and number of endfaces (see picture below)
Inspection Limit Type (limit type must match fiber media type)
- IEC 61300 3.35 ED.2 SM APC
- IEC 61300-3-35 ED.2 MM
- IEC 61300-3-35 ED.2 SM RL>=45dB
- IEC 61300-3.35 ED.2 SM RL>=26 dB
- IEC 61300-3.35 ED.2 SM APC
- Document Only
- MPO End Type (see FI-IN app for one and two row MPO configuration selections).
In the FI-IN app you can tap Key Position in Live View to set the key position on FI-1000 to Key Left or Key Right. This will help with numbering the inspected endfaces properly when they are graded in the FI-IN app.