The USB drivers are installed automatically when you install CableIQ Reporter Software. If you have Windows® 7 or 8,you must install the latest version, otherwise the USB drivers will not be installed correctly. Note, USB 3.0 is not currently supported in Windows 8 here.
Recommended Tips for Successful USB Connection:
- Ensure that Cable IQ is NOT in DISCOVER or TONE mode when connecting over USB to the PC.
- Use a PC with USB version 2.0 ports. Sometimes USB 3.0 ports have SS next to the USB symbol, or different color inside (blue) but not always.
- Try connecting to different USB ports on the PC. Sometimes PCs have a mix of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.
Still Not Working?
To manually install the drivers, first download the drivers:
And extract the contents of the zip file to c:\Temp USB.
Connect your CableIQ via the USB to your computer and power the CableIQ on. If the following window does not appear in 20 seconds:
Go into your Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers and Scan for hardware changes. When the window above appears, click on Install from a list or specification location (Advanced). The following window will then open.
Select Include this location in the search and click on Browse. The following window will then open.
Select Temp USB and click on OK. This will then install the USB drivers. Be patient, it may take a few minutes depending on the performance of your computer. If it is successful, you will see:
Although not officially supported at this time, we have had some customers have success connecting Cable IQ over USB to Windows 10 for transferring results to Cable IQ Reporter software.
- Connect Cable IQ to the PC with the USB Cable.
- Reset the USB by the following sequence
- · Turn the Dial to Discover, leave it for a second
- · Turn the Dial to Tone for 3 seconds (Turning the Dial to Tone resets the RJ45 and USB connections)
- · Turn the Dial back to Discover.
When the Dial is turned Discover again, the Cable IQ will often get connected automatically over USB to the PC.