Last Updated: February 1, 2016
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information, including personal information, you provide directly to us in connection with the Services. For example, we collect information when you create an online/mobile application account and/or profile, use or access our Services including any interactive areas of our Services, request or purchase Services, fill out a form, provide us with your business card or other contact information, participate in a contest or promotion, complete a survey, sign up to receive one of our newsletters, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, company name and contact details, job function, job title, industry sector, names and contact information of individuals you work with, work related records and reports, device and tool information related to your account (e.g., serial number and date purchased), payment information, service activation codes, photographs, videos, diagrams, notes, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information, such as:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, or information about certain Fluke tools or devices you use, including the hardware model, MAC address, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Network Information: We may collect information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network and application performance.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your mobile device or Fluke device or tool each time you access or use one of our mobile applications, devices or tools if you have given us your prior permission. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of our Services, such as how often the Services are used, the duration and quality of use, the types of use (e.g. data creation, storage, access, deletion), calibration data, project configuration data and operator data.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as web beacons) are used to enhance your experience by allowing us to tailor our content based on your interests and distinguish you from other users of our Services. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. A cookie can contain information, such as a user ID or preferences, which we use to personalize content, track the pages you've visited or to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Services. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our Services function as intended. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Third-party cookies. We may allow third parties to place cookies on your device for advertising and analytics purposes. For more information about these cookies, please see “Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others” below.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
We may also obtain information, including personal information, from other sources (for example, people you work with) and combine that with information we collect about you.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may use information, including personal information, for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and payment card data and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Resolve technical issues related to the Services, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, free trials, surveys, contests, promotions, rewards and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you, including through electronic communications with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law; (please see “Your Choices” below)
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services and related tools and those of third parties, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service, with your consent or where otherwise permitted by applicable law; and
- Carry out any other purpose which is compatible with the purpose for which the information was collected.
- With distributors, resellers, channel partners and others in connection with the sale and marketing of products and services offered by Fluke or on behalf of Fluke with your prior permission or where otherwise permitted by applicable law (please see “Your Privacy Rights” below for more information about your choices with respect to this type of sharing);
- With other users at your direction or through functionality available in the Services, including when you participate in the interactive areas of the Services;
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With third parties who need access to such information to perform a service that you requested;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect our rights, property and safety and the rights, property and safety of others;
- Where necessary in connection with, or during negotiations of (including due diligence), any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, subject to our taking such further steps as may be required by applicable law; and
- With your consent or at your direction, such as where you decide to share information through an external API.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features. We accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of these entities.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from accidental loss, theft, misuse, alteration and unauthorized access or disclosure, and unlawful or accidental destruction.
Your Privacy Rights
As described above, we may share personal information with third parties for marketing purposes in relation to our products and services with your prior permission or where otherwise permitted by applicable law. To opt out of having your information shared in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may access, update, correct or delete personal information at any time in accordance with applicable law. This may be done by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that we may charge a small fee for complying with such requests where permitted by applicable law.
If you wish to deactivate or delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a reasonable period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the location service setting preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
We may also collect location information when you use certain Fluke devices or tools. The owner of the account associated with such devices or tools can control the collection and use of this location information through his or her account settings. If the account owner deactivates the collection of location information, certain features of our devices or tools may no longer function.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com . If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device for updates and communications related to the Services. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.