Fluke Networks’ Privacy Statement
Last Updated: January 12, 2010
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Sites. We collect information you directly provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, demographics, preference information and other information you provide us on our Sites. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
• operate and improve our Sites and services;
• process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• provide and deliver products and to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• register you for events and training;
• communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Fluke Networks;
• link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
• Send you important safety notices related to your product(s).
• Fluke Networks may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Registering on this site includes registration for:
• Product registration,
• My Account/MyVision registration, and
• Support ticket registration
• White Papers, Events, Webcasts, Contest and Software Downloads
• Network SuperVision Gold registration or sign in
• Fluke Networks Community
Information like name, e-mail address, and some demographic data may be collected.
We use this information to learn more about you and to keep you up to date on new products, services and developments in accordance with the permissions that you have given.
You can ask us to stop contacting you at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which communication method i.e. phone, fax, postal or email that you would like to opt-out of.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
• in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you;
• with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing uses subject to their privacy policies;
• with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
• in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company including other companies within the Danaher Inc. family of companies.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Fluke Networks by following the instructions in those emails or email email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fluke Networks takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Email Delivery Engine
Email Fraud Security Notice
Fluke Networks does not permit:
• Spamming: sending unsolicited advertising to those with whom Fluke does not have an existing business relationship; posting off-topic advertising in newsgroups.
• Spoofing: using a return email address that is not the sender’s valid reply address; sending an email message that does not contain enough information to enable the recipient to identify the sender.
• Passive Spamming: promoting a website hosted by Fluke by spamming from another source.
• Trolling: posting controversial messages in newsgroups to generate responses
• Mail Bombing: Inundating a user with email without any serious intent to correspond; sending large or multiple files to a user.
If you suspect that you have been the victim of any of these types of conduct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fluke Networks reserves the right to seek the imposition of criminal and civil penalties for any unacceptable online activities, including punitive damages, under any applicable law, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030), the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 U.S.C. § 2511), the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. § 1125(a), 15 U.S.C. § 1114), the Uniform Trade Secrets Act (RCW 19.108.010), the Unsolicited Electronic E-mail Act, and the Washington Unfair Business-Consumer Protection Act.
We may process your information at locations inside and outside the European Economic area. We have taken steps at all processing locations to ensure that your information is dealt with securely and in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
Certain countries may not allow information (such as e-mail) to be transmitted outside of that country or region.
By clicking on buttons during a transaction like “submit,” “continue,” “register,” etcetera, you consent to the transfers and processing referred to above taking place. If you have any concerns, we suggest you do not use the forms or contact mechanisms included in this web site, and use an alternative form of contacting us such as telephoning one of our operators or writing to us by post.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Fluke Networks may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 777
Everett, WA 98206-0777