The Encircled Flux (EF) limits for multimode fiber links has been established by the international standards committees and working groups. The limits represent a restricted launch that promotes link loss measurement consistency to within +/-10 % typically. Details of this can be found in the international standard IEC 61280-4-1 Ed. 2.0 – which has now been adopted as ANSI/TIA-526-14-B, “Multimode Cable Plant Attenuation Measurements.”
You can also watch a free on demand webinar (Dec 13th, 2012) hosted by www.fols.org and presented by Adrian Young of the Fluke Networks Technical Assistance Center. One BICSI CEC is also available with this webinar.
Fluke Networks now offers the DTX-EFM2 Encircled Flux fiber modules.
ANSI/TIA-568-C using the DTX-EFM2 fiber adapters
- LC to LC Duplex Multimode Links
- LC to SC Duplex Multimode Links
- LC to ST Duplex Multimode Links
- SC to SC Duplex Multimode Links
- SC to ST Duplex Multimode Links
- ST to ST Duplex Multimode Links
- LC/MPO Module to LC/MPO Module Multimode Links
- Encircled Flux explained in 60 seconds
ISO/IEC 11801:2010 (ISO/IEC 14763-3) using the DTX-EFM2 fiber adapters