AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business
Accurately plan and deploy Cisco Small Business 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks in any indoor environment
- Complete 802.11a/b/g/n support for designing Cisco Small Business networks
- Model building construction materials/obstructions and Cisco Small Business 802.11 APs
- Built-in assistance to define migration strategy to Cisco Small Business 802.11n wireless networks
- WLAN throughput estimation at every location
- Create and model any Cisco Small Business AP/antenna and preview impact to wireless network WLAN
- Generate customized “Bill-of-materials” report
Note: 1st year Gold support is required and must be purchased separately. Click here to read more about Gold support.
|Datasheet||How to Buy|
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business is a wireless network planning and designing tool that accounts for building materials, obstructions, access point configurations, antenna patterns and a host of other variables to provide a reliable predictive map of Wi-Fi signal and performance for Cisco Small Business Networks. This small business wireless network planning and designing tool offers superior predictive modeling to determine ideal quantity, placement and configuration of APs for optimal security, performance and compliance.
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business includes built-in automated tools to help users with their migration strategy from existing legacy 802.11a/b/g wireless networks to 802.11n technology.
Sophisticated WLAN Modeling
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business makes it easy to build a detailed model of any wireless environment, even before the network is deployed. Simply load in a map of the location, and use the built-in library of walls, doors and windows to precisely match the building’s characteristics. The environment can also be customized to account for cubicles, offices, elevators and a variety of warehouse obstructions. All environmental settings are fully customizable and custom materials can be created from scratch to meet the user specifications.
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business provides full control of the proposed wireless infrastructure to the users. They can add Cisco APs to any location and experiment to find the ideal AP placement for the environment based on their requirements. AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business also provides full control over all Cisco AP settings with independent settings for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. Users can set the AP channel, IP address, transmit power, antenna type, orientation, height and 802.11n specifications. When the planning session is complete, users can generate a professional Bill of Materials report with all the information that is needed to properly install the network, and includes a complete list of required Cisco Small Business APs, their ideal placement and configuration settings. Along with RF coverage information, users are also powered with performance metrics such as data rates and throughput.
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business also includes an “advisor feature” to automatically place APs on site floor plans. Users can specify the minimum signal coverage expected, the transmit power, media type of the AP, etc. and mark Wi-Fi coverage areas and areas where APs cannot be placed.
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business covers all aspects of a successful 802.11n deployment: migration, performance prediction and validation. Users can design new 802.11n greenfield networks, as well as, plan their migration strategies for existing legacy networks, including one-to-one replacements or the phased introduction of 802.11n devices into their legacy network. Users can plan their 802.11n deployments for maximized performance without any physical AP rollout and are powered with unique coverage maps for WLAN throughput and other 802.11n coverage maps, such as Operating Mode, MCS Transmit Rate and Channel Width, to predict the WLAN performance at every location on the floor.
Custom Antenna Design
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business includes Cisco’s Small BusinessAccess Points and antenna patterns. AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business also includes a built-in tool to create customized antenna patterns, allowing users to replicate the characteristics of literally any available antenna from Cisco
Supported AP and wireless router models:
- Cisco AP541N Wireless Access Point
- Cisco WAP4410N Wireless-N Access Point
- Cisco WAP200 Wireless-G Access Point - PoE/Rangebooster
- Cisco WAP2000 Wireless-G Access Point
- Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with PoE
- Cisco WAP321 Wireless-N Selectable-Band Access Point with PoE
- Cisco WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router
- Cisco RV110W Wireless-N VPN Firewall
- Cisco RV120W Wireless-N VPN Firewall
- Cisco RV220W Wireless Network Security Firewall
- Cisco RV180W Wireless-N Multifunction VPN Router
Models & Accessories
AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business, SW
Airmagnet Planner For Cisco Small Business Datasheet
The installation and operation of AirMagnet Planner for Cisco Small Business (software-only) requires separate hardware with one of the following minimum system requirements below.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft® Windows Windows 7 Enterprise/Professional/Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista™ Business/Ultimate (32-bit only and SP2), or XP™ Professional 32-bit (SP3), or Microsoft® Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005 (SP3)
- Intel® Pentium® M 1.6 GHz (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.00 GHz or higher recommended)
- 1 GB memory (2 GB recommended) for Windows XP™. 2 GB or higher required for Windows Vista™ and Windows 7
- 800 MB free hard disk space
- A site map in the following supported formats: .bmp, .dib, .dwg, .dxf, .emf, .gif, vsd, .jpg, .wmf, .vdx or .png