Registering your Versiv products with Fluke Networks gives access to valuable information on product updates, troubleshooting tips, and other support services. If you purchased a Gold Support plan, registration also activates your plan.
How To Register Your Versiv Equipment
- Make sure you have the latest version of LinkWare PC installed on your PC. If you do not have it installed, you can download the latest version HERE. Downloading Linkware PC will require a free MyAccount. If you do not have one you will be prompted to create one.
Once Linkware PC is installed you will need to verify the firmware version on your Versiv main and remote unit.
- From the HOME screen, tap TOOLS > Version Information.
If it is not the current firmware, follow the following directions. Otherwise, proceed to step 4.
- Download the latest Firmware file HERE. Remember where you saved the file!
- Make sure the battery on your Versiv Mainframe is sufficiently charged; if in doubt, connect the power to your unit.
- Open Linkware PC
This will send the update file to the unit. The update will take around 5 minutes to complete. You do not need to update the module as the Versiv stores the firmware necessary to do any update to the module automatically.
- Connect the Versiv mainframe to your PC using the Micro USB cord that came with your unit.
- Click on the Utilities > DSX CableAnalyzer > Software Update
- Locate the file you downloaded and click on Open.
- Now repeat steps d-f for the Versiv Remote or any other Mainframe you need to update.
- If you are registering your DSX series modules and have never connected the main and remote together, go ahead and do them using the permanent link and channel adapters now, ensuring the remote unit is switched on. Now the mainframe unit will store your remote unit’s and module(s)’ serial numbers. IMPORTANT: If you have Certifiber Pro/Optifiber Pro modules, insert them one at a time into the main unit so that these modules are also recorded.
- Connect the Versiv to your PC via the supplied Micro USB (if not already connected in step 3)
- With Linkware PC 9.8 open, wait a few seconds for the Product Registration window to appear. IF it does not appear, click on Help > Product Registration
- Click Sign in and Register and use your MyAccount email address and password login (which you may have used previously to download the software and/or firmware updates
- Once signed in, Linkware should automatically register the connected product. If you bought the Bundled Gold Support, there should be a fourth column stating your gold support is in process. If applicable, At this point you can remove the Permanent Link Adapter and Channel Adapter from your mainframe and remote.
If you have other modules that have been used with this main frame already, those serial numbers have already been logged into the internal memory of the mainframe and will appear in the registration window above. The Versiv mainframe tracks internally any modules or remotes it is connected to.
What if I get an error “Registration Service is Unavailable” and registration does not work? Your corporate firewalls may be blocking the communication path from your PC to our registration server. Check with your IT group and ask them to make exceptions for the ports and servers below. After that is done, try the registration again.
|LinkWare PC Ports and Addresses|
|Versiv Ports and Addresses 2 LinkWare Live|